Pre-Convention contests are various creative projects completed before the start of convention. Projects are to be completed by individual delegates unless listed as a Club Competition.
Music Video topic: Dative Case
Commercial topic: Pan
Comic Panel Story Telling: Stories from Jason & the Argonauts
The deadline for Pre-Convention submissions is TBA
Music Video topic: Horatius Cocles (at the bridge)
Commercial topic: Emperor Hadrian (N.B. this is to sell a product related to Hadrian or related to something in regard to his rule, not to sell his wall, villa, etc., although the product could be related to one of those)
Comic Panel Story Telling: Illustrated Poetry. Take a lyric poem or chunk of epic poem (translated) from the Classical canon and illustrate the contents in panel form.
Below are some of the Superior Rated Contests from 2017!
- Commercial (McAuley): https://youtu.be/tjAHucmUjCU
- Music Video (Seven Hills): https://youtu.be/1ZzuuK4QYow
- Music Video (Wellington): https://youtu.be/7F9YqQdsJQ8
PRE-CONVENTION SUBMISSIONS OJCL CONVENTION 2018
DUE: FEBRUARY 3, 2018 (11:59 pm)
Use this form when submitting Cartoon, Multimedia, Commercial, Music Video, or Skit:
SUBMITTED ONLINE VIA OJCL.ORG WEBSITE:
Modern Myth & Poetry: submit entries here.
Theme: submit entries here.
SUBMITTED TO THE PRE-CONVENTION CONTEST CHAIR (Brian Compton, Pre-Convention Contest Chair, 9001 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242) by Mail:
*INCLUDE “Pre-Convention Contest Entry Form
Multimedia (must include 4 copies)
Commercial *Do NOT submit via YouTube
Music Video *Do NOT submit via YouTube
SUBMITTED TO THE PRE-CONVENTION CONTEST CHAIR (Brian Compton BCompton@Moeller.org) by E-MAIL:
*INCLUDE “Pre-Convention Contest Entry Form (must be PDF)
Cartoon (must be PDF)
Panel/Comic Storytelling (must be PDF)
SUBMITTED TO THE EDITOR (firstname.lastname@example.org) by E-MAIL:
Publication (must be PDF)
SUBMITTED TO THE SECOND VICE PRESIDENT (email@example.com) by E-MAIL:
Service (must be PDF)
- All entries which are submitted as PDF (Cartoon, Publication, Service) must be saved using your last name hyphen (-) followed by the name of the contest (e.g. “Smith-Publication.pdf”)
- Multimedia only: Make (4) FOUR collated copies of your entry (Bundle copies together using binder clips, paper clips or heavy rubber bands.)
- Commercial, Music Video and Skit: Send (1) ONE copy of video tape or CD/DVD
- Poetry/Modern Myths shall be submitted online at the following web page: http://ojcl.org/students/preconv.php
- Cartoon, Service, and Publication shall be emailed to the appropriate person
- Print this form, & fill in the information below, taking time to PRINT legibly or TYPE the information.
- Attach this sheet (completed) securely to the FRONT of the entry. PROVIDE ONE SHEET PER UNIQUE ENTRY (not each copy).
- Write NO personal information (school name, your name, etc.) on any of the copies of the Project itself. This information is included on this form and as such MUST be attached to the entry when submitted.
- Modern Myth & Poetry submissions must be submitted by the deadline via the OhioJCL web site. Visit http://ojcl.org/
- Send Pre-Convention Contest Entries w/ completed forms (postmarked by January 27, 2018)
Panel/Comic Storytelling: Cicero
Music Video topic: Latin Pronouns
Commercial topic: Aqueducts (N.B. this is to sell a product related to the aqueducts, not to sell an aqueduct)
Panel/Comic Storytelling: Roman Legends
Music Video topic: Seven Kings of Rome
Commercial topic: Hephaestus
Panel/Comic Storytelling: Origin Stories
Music Video topic: the Present Tense
Commercial topic: 2nd Punic War
Music Video topic: the Ablative Case
Commercial topic: Emperor Nero
Pre-Convention for Individuals:
- Cartoon – email
- Modern Myth – online
- Multimedia – mail
- Poetry – online
- Theme – online
Pre-Convention for Clubs:
- Publication – email to OJCL Editor
- Service – email to OJCL 2nd VP
- Skit – mail
- Commercial – mail
- Music Video – mail