This year | Last year
Each post is dated at the end to indicate when it was written. To find news from 2012-2021, view this page for older announcements and updates.
2023 Announcements, News, and Deadlines
OJCL Bus to NJCL interest form: Adults and students that are interested in/planning to attend NJCL convention this summer should complete this survey by April 5th. (3-16-23)
Going to NJCL convention at Emory University? Complete the 2023 OJCL scholarship to Nationals application! Due 11:59 P.M. on April 5, 2023. NJCL also has scholarships available for students and teachers (3-16-23)
Find the 1st Vice President Application here! Please read the top section of information carefully. Applications are due by 11:59pm on April 3rd. Questions about any of the applications for office should be sent to email@example.com (3-16-23)
Find the applications for Gubernators and Editor/Historian here (3-13-23)!
- Gubernator apps are due by 11:59pm on April 3rd
- Ed/Hist apps are due by 11:59pm on April 18th
- Checkout the online version of the convention program, created by Secretary Ana Leyendecker! Be sure to read the descriptions of the colloquia being offered this year! (3-3-23)
- Following the Pre-File period, we have the following offices in a State of Emergency: Secretary, Treasurer, and Parliamentarian. A State of Emergency occurs when there are fewer than two student candidates pre-filed for a particular office and some of the restrictions regarding who can run for office are dropped. Please click here for more information. (2-23-23)
- Check out the SPIRIT THEMES and ROLL CALL GUIDELINES for convention! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions! (1-26-23)
- Pre-filing for office is now open! The deadline is February 17, 2023, at 11:59 PM. A couple of rules and reminders:
-You may not pre-file for an office that a member of your delegation currently holds -You MUST have permission from your sponsor and parent to pre-file and run (email permission is due February 17, 2023, at 11:59pm) -No more than TWO delegates per delegation may pre-file for office -Only ONE delegate from each school may pre-file for each respective office -No pre-convention campaigning -If you pre-file, you may not appear on stage, in your school’s Roll Call, or on OJCL social media posts until after convention in the interest of fairness. This also applies to students who sign up to run in a state-of-emergency. Exceptions include receiving awards and reporting on duties and is up to the discretion of the State Chairs
2022 Announcements, News, and Deadlines
Central Region Make a Difference Day! This Saturday, November 12th from 8:45-Noon. Contact Central Guber Eva with questions!
OCC OJCL Fall Forum
- Saturday, Oct. 15 at the Columbus Academy (4300 Cherry Bottom Road, Gahanna, OH 43230)
- Featured speaker: Mr. George O’Connor 10 AM -11 AM https://www.georgeoconnorbooks.com/olympians
- Qs about events: Emelie Inderhees email@example.com
- Qs about directions etc: Christy Bening firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration at 9:30 AM
- campus map. building #17, with arking in lots adjacent to building #17
- Click here to sign up for the Cincinnati bus going to Fall Forum!
The applications for Gubernators (regional service-coordinators) have re-opened. Because there were no applicants in the first round, all schools are permitted to sponsor a student. The application is due by 11:59 pm on Monday 16 May and results will be announced following our meeting on May 23rd. Please email Parliamentarian Wali Khan with questions! (4-25-22)
2022 OJCL Scholarship to Nationals DEADLINE EXTENDED! Due 11:59 P.M. on April 8, 2022. (4-1-22)