If you would like to submit suggestions for amendments to the OJCL Constitution and By-Laws, do so here at this link.
This document states the purpose of the OJCL and sets up the governing principles of the organization.
- The most recent update to this document was March 10, 2019. Important changes include:
- Only 3 Gubernators will now be part of the Executive Board for 3 regions: North, Central, and South. (2/16)
- A spending limit for campaigns now exists. (2/16)
- There will be no more than three statewide officers from the same chapter. (3/17)
- No student can hold the same office more than one time. (3/17)
- A chapter may sponsor a student for an officer it currently holds if there are less than two eligible chapters for that office. (3/19)
The By-Laws provide a comprehensive guideline that explains various rules, duties, and other information regarding the OJCL.
- The most recent update to this document was January 2018.
- In Jan 2018, an additional ‘social media’ duty was added to the 1st Vice-President: “to run official OJCL social media created with the permission of the State Chairs, overseen by the President, and with advisement by the board for the purpose of promoting the OJCL”
- Article 5 of the By-Laws includes the duties of the various officers.
OJCL officers often release guides for officers at the local and state level to use. The guides are meant to provide helpful information and tips on various aspects of the JCL.
- OJCL Historian Guide, written by Historian Ellie Kammerer (2017-2018)
Important dates for the OJCL Executive Board:
- April 6, 2019 (12:30-3:00): Changeover Meeting
- July 26 – 31, 2019: NJCL Convention at North Dakota State University (Fargo, ND)
- September 21, 2019: Fall Planning Meeting
- October 12, 2019: 4th Annual OJCL Fall Forum
- January 11, 2020: Winter Planning Meeting
- March 13 – 15, 2020: 70th Annual OJCL State Convention (officers are expected to arrive soon after 6:00 PM on Thursday evening)
- April 18, 2020: Changeover Meeting
Below are the emails to contact the various members who lead the OJCL.
This group includes: the 3 State Chairs; the 6 elected student officers; the 5 appointed student officers; and the officers of the Ohio Senior Classical League (college students who support the purpose of the OJCL).
If you’d like to contact the Executive Board, see our contact page or email us.
firstname.lastname@example.org – all student officers + their sponsors + the state chairs
- President Ryan Burns (Summit) – email@example.com
- 1st Vice President Lucia Boadas Peña (Madeira) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2nd Vice President Andrew Cahall (Columbus Academy – email@example.com
- Secretary Alan Zhang (Walnut Hills) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer Maggie Ridgeway (Columbus Academy) – email@example.com
- Parliamentarian Krish Gupta (Seven Hills) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historian Lucia Boadas Peña (Madeira) – email@example.com
- Editor Allie Hinnenkamp (Ursuline) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Gubernator Emma Davis (Medina) – email@example.com
- Central Gubernator Ali Winter (Wellington) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Gubernator Ryan Burns (Summit) – email@example.com
- The 3 State Chairs – firstname.lastname@example.org
OSCL – Ohio Senior Classical League
email@example.com Email all the OSCL officers
- President: Tullus Dean (Xavier University, formerly of Summit Country Day) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President: Julia Cardinal (Duquense University, formerly of McAuley) – email@example.com
- Secretary: Sara Zandvakili (University of Cincinnati, formerly of Indian Hill) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Kirby Cross (Columbia College Chicago, formerly of Madeira) – email@example.com
- Parliamentarian: Julia Dean (University of Cincinnati, formerly of Summit Country Day) – Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historian: Ellie Kammerer University of Cincinnati, formerly of Mercy McAuley) – email@example.com
- Editor: Emma Davis (Bowling Green State University, formerly of Medina) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- OSCL Primary Adviser Abbey Witzgall (At-large, formerly of University of Cincinnati, formerly of McAuley) – email@example.com
- OSCL Secondary Adviser Margaret Kammerer (University of Cincinnati, formerly of McAuley) – firstname.lastname@example.org