If you would like to submit suggestions for amendments to the OJCL Constitution and By-Laws, do so here at this link.
This document states the purpose of the OJCL and sets up the governing principles of the organization.
- The most recent update to this document was March 4, 2017. Important changes include:
- Only 3 Gubernators will now be part of the Executive Board for 3 regions: North, Central, and South. (2/16)
- A spending limit for campaigns now exists. (2/16)
- There will be no more than three statewide officers from the same chapter. (3/17)
- No student can hold the same office more than one time. (3/17)
The By-Laws provide a comprehensive guideline that explains various rules, duties, and other information regarding the OJCL.
- The most recent update to this document was January 2016.
- Article 5 of the By-Laws include the duties of the various officers.
Below are the emails to contact the various members who lead the OJCL.
This group includes: the 3 State Chairs; the 6 elected student officers; the 5 appointed student officers; and the officers of the Ohio Senior Classical League (college students who support the purpose of the OJCL).
Important dates for the OJCL Executive Board:
- April 22, 2017 (12:30-3:00): Changeover Meeting at The Wellington School (Columbus)
- July 24 – 29, 2017: NJCL Convention at Troy University (Troy, AL)
- September 9 or 17 (TBA soon), 2017: Fall Planning Meeting, 10 am
- October 7, 2017: 2nd Annual Fall Forum at Columbus Academy
- January 6, 2018 (begins 10 AM): Winter Planning Meeting at the Doubletree Hotel
- March 9-11, 2018: OJCL Convention – All officers are expected to arrive soon after 6 pm on Thursday, March 8.
- April 21, 2018 (12:30-3:00): Changeover Meeting (on Rome’s Birthday!)
If you’d like to contact the Executive Board, see our contact page or email us.
firstname.lastname@example.org – all student officers + their sponsors + the state chairs
- President Brian Johnson (Shaker Heights) – email@example.com
- First Vice President Julia Cardinal (McAuley) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Second Vice President Joseph Delamerced (Summit) – email@example.com
- Secretary Vishnu Kasturi (Shaker Heights) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer Kelly Thaxton (Westlake) – email@example.com
- Parliamentarian Tullus Dean (Summit) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historian Caroline Klette (Summit) – email@example.com
- Editor Lynn Ahrens (Ursuline Academy) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Gubernator Blake Himes (Shaker Heights) – email@example.com
- Central Gubernator Aquila Simmons (Wellington) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Gubernator Julia Dean (Summit) – email@example.com
- The 3 State Chairs – firstname.lastname@example.org
OSCL – Ohio Senior Classical League
email@example.com – all the OSCL officers
- President Nick Price, formerly of Indian Hill, now at Hope College – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President Hannah Young, formerly of Madeira, now at the Ohio State University – email@example.com
- Treasurer Lindsey Dierig, formerly of Turpin, now at Syracuse University – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary Emma Lowe, formerly of Indian Hill, now at the University of Cincinnati – email@example.com
- Parliamentarian Bradley Katcher, formerly of Westlake, now at the University of Virginia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historian Jason Long, formerly of Madeira, now at the University of Cincinnati – email@example.com
- Editor Alan Garber, formerly of West Lake, now at the Ohio State University – firstname.lastname@example.org
- OSCL Primary Advisor Ed Cormany, formerly Shaker Heights, formerly the University of Michigan, formerly Cornell University – email@example.com
- OSCL Secondary Advisor Michelle Martinez, formerly of Walnut Hills, now at the University of Cincinnati – firstname.lastname@example.org