If you would like to submit suggestions for amendments to the OJCL Constitution and By-Laws, do so here at this link.
This document states the purpose of the OJCL and sets up the governing principles of the organization.
- The most recent update to this document was March 4, 2017. Important changes include:
- Only 3 Gubernators will now be part of the Executive Board for 3 regions: North, Central, and South. (2/16)
- A spending limit for campaigns now exists. (2/16)
- There will be no more than three statewide officers from the same chapter. (3/17)
- No student can hold the same office more than one time. (3/17)
The By-Laws provide a comprehensive guideline that explains various rules, duties, and other information regarding the OJCL.
- The most recent update to this document was January 2018.
- In Jan 2018, an additional ‘social media’ duty was added to the 1st Vice-President: “to run official OJCL social media created with the permission of the State Chairs, overseen by the President, and with advisement by the board for the purpose of promoting the OJCL”
- Article 5 of the By-Laws includes the duties of the various officers.
Important dates for the OJCL Executive Board:
- April 22, 2017 (12:30-3:00): Changeover Meeting at The Wellington School (Columbus)
- July 24 – 29, 2017: NJCL Convention at Troy University (Troy, AL)
- September 9 or 17 (TBA soon), 2017: Fall Planning Meeting, 10 am
- October 7, 2017: 2nd Annual Fall Forum at Columbus Academy
- January 6, 2018 (begins 10 AM): Winter Planning Meeting at the Doubletree Hotel
- March 9-11, 2018: OJCL Convention – All officers are expected to arrive soon after 6 pm on Thursday, March 8.
- April 21, 2018 (12:30-3:00): Changeover Meeting (on Rome’s Birthday!)
Below are the emails to contact the various members who lead the OJCL.
This group includes: the 3 State Chairs; the 6 elected student officers; the 5 appointed student officers; and the officers of the Ohio Senior Classical League (college students who support the purpose of the OJCL).
If you’d like to contact the Executive Board, see our contact page or email us.
email@example.com – all student officers + their sponsors + the state chairs
- President Joseph Delamerced (Summit) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Vice President Caroline Klette (Summit) – email@example.com
- 2nd Vice President Aquila Simmons (Wellington) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary Lynn Ahrens (Ursuline Academy) – email@example.com
- Treasurer Grant Bruner (Sycamore) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parliamentarian Julia Dean (Summit) – email@example.com
- Historian Ellie Kammerer (McAuley) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor Taylor McGowan (Columbus Academy) – email@example.com
- North Gubernator Owen Kranz (St. Ed’s) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Central Gubernator Marcus Grewal (Columbus Academy) – email@example.com
- South Gubernator Hanna Zandvakili (Indian Hill) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 3 State Chairs – email@example.com
OSCL – Ohio Senior Classical League
firstname.lastname@example.org – all the OSCL officers
- President Hannah Young (formerly of Madeira, now at The Ohio State University) – email@example.com
- Vice President Nick Price (formerly of Indian Hill, now at Hope College) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer Ryan Divine (formerly of Covington Latin, now at University of Cincinnati) – email@example.com
- Secretary Jason Long (formerly of Madeira, now at University of Cincinnati) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parliamentarian Tullus Dean (of Summit, will attend Xavier University) – email@example.com
- Historian Jennifer Whitehead (of Summit, will attend New York University) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor Margaret Kammerer (formerly of of McAuley, now at University of Cincinnati) – email@example.com
- OSCL Primary Adviser Lindsay Pappas (formerly of Ursuline Academy, formerly of University of Notre Dame, now at Indiana University) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- OSCL Secondary Adviser Michelle Martinez (formerly of Walnut Hills, formerly of University of Cincinnati, now at University of Illinois) – email@example.com