It takes all of us to achieve our vision.
The Ohio Junior Classical League is made up of dedicated student officers and adult volunteers who work tirelessly to ensure the best possible experience every year. Elected by members of the OJCL, student officers work with three incredible State Chairs in order to seek the best with the highest as their goal.
If you’re curious about our roles, check out the Constitution and By-Laws.
If you’d like to ask us a question, please contact us.
Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: Cookie Dough
Favorite Part of JCL: Viewing amazing graphic arts projects.
1st Vice President
School: Seven Hills
Favorite Animal: Bear
Favorite Part of JCL: The incredible people!
2nd Vice President
Favorite God: Hades
Favorite Part of JCL: The friends and the memories we make together (which is painfully cliché I apologize)
School: Summit Country Day
Favorite Board Game: Monopoly
Favorite Part of JCL: Community and certamen
Favorite Anime: Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation
Favorite Part of JCL: Contests
School: Summit Country Day
Favorite Animal: bee
Favorite Part of JCL: The welcoming community and the wonderful people I’ve met!
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Favorite Part of JCL: Losing my voice from spirit!
Favorite Fictional Character: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Favorite Part of JCL: Crab People!
Favorite Flower: Sunflower
Favorite Part of JCL: Creating all the fun projects for state convention
School: Columbus Academy
Favorite Movie: Titanic
Favorite Part of JCL: Meeting like-minded people interested in the Classics.
Favorite Video Game: Titan Quest
Favorite Part of JCL: The general sense of community that brings us all together!
The State Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Michael Cowett (sponsor at large), Chair of Technology & Convention – email@example.com
- Emelie Inderhees (Wellington), Chair of Sponsors & Contests – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Mays (Summit), Chair of Students – email@example.com
Important dates for the OJCL Executive Board:
- October 12, 2019: 4th Annual OJCL Fall Forum
- January 11, 2020: Winter Planning Meeting
- March 13 – 15, 2020: 70th Annual OJCL State Convention
- April 18, 2020: Changeover Meeting
Ohio Senior Classical League (OSCL) www.ohioscl.org
firstname.lastname@example.org – all the OSCL officers
2019-2020 OSCL Executive Board
- President: Tullus Dean (Xavier University, formerly of Summit Country Day) – email@example.com
- Vice-President: Julia Cardinal (Duquense University, formerly of McAuley) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Kirby Cross (Columbia College Chicago, formerly of Madeira) – email@example.com
- Treasurer: Sara Zandvakili (University of Cincinnati, formerly of Indian Hill) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parliamentarian: Julia Dean (University of Cincinnati, formerly of Summit Country Day) – Julia.email@example.com
- Historian: Ellie Kammerer (University of Cincinnati, formerly of Mercy McAuley) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor: Emma Davis (Bowling Green State University, formerly of Medina) – email@example.com
- OSCL Primary Adviser Abbey Witzgall (At-large, formerly of University of Cincinnati, formerly of McAuley) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- OSCL Secondary Adviser Margaret Kammerer (University of Cincinnati, formerly of McAuley) – email@example.com