Each post is dated at the end to indicate when it was written. To find news from 2012-2019, view this page for older announcements and updates.
2021 Announcements, News, and Deadlines
2020 Announcements, News, and Deadlines
Second Place: Jimmy Fraley, Summit
Third Place: Sarina Duncan, Wyoming
North Make a Difference Day!
We are having a winter clothing drive on November 28th. Check out the flyer for more information! (11-20-20)
South Make a Difference Day!
Join us for a virtual Fall Forum on Saturday, October 17th! (10-8-20)
We want your feedback! If you attended the virtual NJCL convention, please take some time in the next few days to fill out the survey sent by OJCL President Chloe Constantinides. If OJCL convention needs to be virtual, we want it to be as enjoyable as possible (if you attended but did not get the survey link, email firstname.lastname@example.org) (9-24-20)
Photo of the Season Submission dates 2020-2021 (9-24-20)
SUMMER: JULY 19, 2020
FALL: NOVEMBER 8, 2020
WINTER: FEBRUARY 7, 2021
SPRING: MAY 9, 2021
A couple of quick reminders:
- -Delegates may not apply for a position that their chapter currently holds.
- -Delegates MUST have permission from their sponsor and their parent to apply.
- -Only ONE delegate from each school may apply for each office.
- -The deadline for submitting an application is Tuesday, September 15th 11:59 pm
Please contact Abby Almaguer with any questions at email@example.com (9-2-20)
The Spring Torch is out! You can access it using this link: https://joom.ag/fa8C (6-8-20)
Another opportunity to join the 2020-2021 OJCL Executive Board! Click here for the application for Editor and Historian! (5-19-20)
Want to be on the 2020-2021 OJCL Executive Board? Good news! The application to be a gubernator is here. Please follow this link to the form! (5-7-20)
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Application now due April 24th. The OJCL scholarship application to attend the NJCL convention in Richmond, VA is here! OJCL will award up to ten $100.00 and up to two $250.00 scholarship awards to students. All OJCL Members in good standing from Chapters in good standing are eligible. There are 2 types of scholarships: for Level ½ or Level 1 students and for Level 2 and above students. One $250.00 scholarship will be available to each division. N.B. we will wait to write the checks until NJCL convention is confirmed as “on”; should NJCL be cancelled, scholarship winners will receive their checks to attend in 2021. Seniors can still receive the $$ to attend next year as SCLers, but no attendance = no money. To submit, send completed applications to Ms Mays AND your sponsor, who will also submit their confirmation via email (4-2-20)
Due to convention being cancelled, the OSCL is doing online elections this year, and the nominations process is the first step. The nomination form is out now and is due at 11:59 PM on Sunday, March 29! (3-22-20)
Unfortunately, convention has been cancelled. Click here for more information (3-10-20)
The Winter Edition of the OJCL Torch is out now! Be sure to give it a read! (3-8-20)
The 70th OJCL Convention Program is here! (3-4-20)
Second Place: Kimberly Zwolshen, Indian Hill
Third Place: Margaret Sampson, Madeira
Failure to abide by all rules may result in disqualification, so please read these carefully and email Krish with questions!
- If you feel like you need to ask, ask or don’t do it
- No campaigning until after Nom Com
- No stickers (to protect the hotel)
- All campaigning must be positive!
- All campaign materials must be pre-approved by the State Chair and the Parliamentarian
- Spending limit of $50, bring receipts to Nom Com!
- Keep in mind that all ‘donated’ materials will be counted towards the $50 spending limit. This includes posters and paper previously purchased as well as any printing/copying that you do at home or school. These materials will be assessed at the lesser price between Amazon.com and Staples on the day of Nom Com. As of January ’20, Staples charged $.60 for color copies and $.12 for black and white
- Although you may use social media, Airdrop may not be used to spread materials in any capacity
- You may not interfere with the campaigns of others
- All evidence of your campaign must be removed before the Third General Assembly (to keep the hotel clean)
- Candidates must attend Nom Com and Meet the Candidates
Winter Service Events:
The Central Region will be coming together to bake bread, make Project Linus squares, and play some certamen on MLK Day! Here is the flyer for more information! (1-17-20)
OSCL Packet Award Results: Full Packet Award: She’miah Irvin, Walnut Hills, Half Packet Award: Michael Hall, Summit Country Day, Half Packet Award: John Paul Schuette, Moeller (1-16-20)
The spirit themes for the 2020 OJCL Convention are out now, they are: Friday-Convention Theme (Club T-shirts), Saturday-Rome on the Range (Farms), Sunday-Tides of March (Beach/Ocean)! The Spirit Rubric is also out now! (1-11-20)
The 2020 OJCL Convention Roll Call Guidelines are here! (1-11-20)