Pictures from the Fall Forum at Columbus Academy
Pictures from the 2019 State Convention
Summit Students at the Fall Forum on Sat Oct 17:
- Summit has 3 state officers on the OH Executive Board this year. Jimmy Fraley is Secretary, Abby Almaguer is Parliamentarian, and Kendall Richard is Editor. All of them did a virtual information session as part of Fall Forum.
- Jimmy and Abby presented ‘Running for Office Virtually,’ where they gave tips to potential candidates on how to best run for office without in person campaigning.
- Kendall teamed up with Jenny Hu of Seven Hills and presented ‘Social Media for Local Latin Clubs,’ where they discussed all the ways to advertise club actitivites and promote the study of Latin.
- Academic Test: Aaron Fraley won 1st place for Level 1, and Jimmy Fraley won 1st place for Level 4+.
- Certamen: Aaron’s team won Round 1 of Level 1, Ethan Lam’s team won Round 1 of Level 2, and Jimmy and Wali Khan were part of the winning team for Upper Level.
- Go Summit Latin Go!!
Fri Oct 23, 6:30-8:30: Latin themed pumpkin decorating + service event in Knights Hall! Bring $5 for pizza/soda and (if you want) a snack or drink to share with others
Pizza-Movie Night! Fri Oct 9, 6:30-8:30, Knights Hall in the MS
- We will watch Disney’s Hercules and cheer for the accurate parts and jeer at the mythological mistakes!
- Bring $5 if you want pizza and soda.
- (not required) Students are encouraged to bring snacks (prepackaged, individually wrapped, no nuts whatsoever) and drinks (individually packaged) to share with others, but it is not required. (Food good.)
FIRST ZOOM CERTAMEN MATCH OF THE YEAR!!
- It will be Saturday, October 17 from 2-3ish, using Zoom. It is a ‘fun certamen’ (less competitive) to open the year!
- We’ll have 2 levels- (A) people with little to no Latin and/or certamen experience (Latin I and less competitive IIs) and (B) experienced, with questions and modified rules for III and up (competitive IIs welcome).
- Students who are interested in playing and adults (including SCLer types) who would help, please fill out the attached appropriate form. Please direct questions to Nora Murphy email@example.com
- 2020-2021 Information about the Summit Latin Program
- 2020 Summit Latin Awards Booklet
- The Summit Latin Club Newsletter: Vox Latina!
- Co-Editor Abby Almaguer has completed the 2nd issue of the Summit Latin Club newsletter, the Vox Latina (pdf) (online).
- Co-Editor Irene Calderon has completed the 1st issue of the Summit Latin Club newsletter, the Vox Latina (pdf) (online).
- Here is a link to some older issues.
- The Summit Latin Club Digital Scrapbook (by Historian Kendall Richard)!
- 2019-2020 Latin Service Events and List of Students
- 2019 Summer National Convention Article!
- Follow Summit Latin on Instagram: @SCDLatin!
- Summit Latin Awards Booklets:
- 2019 Awards Booklet
- 2018 awards booklet
- 2017 Awards Booklet 1st half 2017 Awards Booklet 2nd half
- 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 1st half, 2013 2nd half, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Summit Latin webpage – with all the stuff from past years