2018-2019 Latin Service Events and List of Students – updated on Mon April 8
Upcoming Events in the Latin Program
- Service Event: Sat April 27, 9-11 am, Matthew 25 – sign up in the Latin rooms!
- Academic: Sat May 4, 9-11ish am, Mt. Notre Dame Certamen. Sign up in the Latin rooms.
- Service Event: Sat May 11, 9-11 am, Matthew 25 – sign up in the Latin rooms!
- Latin Awards Ceremony: Fri May 17, 6:30-7:30, Kyte Theater
Information about the 2019 NJCL Convention at North Dakota University (Fargo ND)
- The convention starts on Fri July 26 and ends the morning of Wed July 31. The flight from Cincinnati will leave in the early the morning of Thurs July 26; the flight from Minneapolis will leave in the early morning on Wed July 31. Here are the flights which Larry Dean is taking. Students are not required to be on this flight, but I will chaperone any students who are going on this flight.
- 2019 njcl convention info for summit students
Latin in the Summer? Ita Vero! (Yes, please, and thank you!)
- Larry Dean is again running a summer Latin program at Summit for 10 days, Mon June 3 – Fri June 14, 8:30-12:30.
- It is intended for motivated students, regardless of their level of Latin – from beginners entering the 7th grade to advanced scholars who have graduated.
- Students can sign up/show up anytime.
- It is a great learning environment, with motivated students who all have the same joy of learning and love of the classics.
- Here is the link to the program description from the Summit Summer catalogue, pp. 7-8, and the registration page (https://www.summitcds.org/programs/summit-summer). Please call me at (513) 502-0108 if you have questions.
2019 OJCL Convention Overall Points Champions!
- This is the link to upload pix of all your projects!
- 2019 summit commercial – about the nature god Pan, edited by Connie Nelson, earned an Excellent rating at convention
- 2019 Summit Latin Newsletter, the Vox Latina – edited by Maliah Bricking, earned an Excellent rating at convention
- 2019 Summit Digital Scrapbook – created by Ava Norton – click the ‘present’ button in the upper right of the screen to start the slide show
- 2019 Ohio Junior Classical League Convention Article (Dean version)
- 2019 OJCL convention article (Summit version)
- 2019 OJCL Convention – official Summit results
- 2019 OJCL Convention – official results of all schools
Some random things from convention:
- Matthew Warden (Summit Treasurer in charge of spirit) led the delegation to a 1st place prize in spirit Fri night. The theme was the Moana movie, and Matthew was dressed for the part!
- Ryan gets pied in the face! State officer Ryan Burns’ jar received the most money for charity, and his reward was a tasty whip cream pie.
- Carson Hall was one of the participants in the annual ‘OJCL’s Got Talent!’ It is part comedy and part talent. Carson’s talent is picking locks, and he did this to accompaniment of music while a girl tried to jump rope while on a pogo stick. All 3 acts received the ‘cookie of approval’ from the judges.
Summit Latin Awards Booklets: 2018 awards booklet