Pictures from the Fall Forum at Columbus Academy
Pictures from the 2019 State Convention
The Summit Latin Club Newsletter: Vox Latina!
- Co-Editor Abby Almaguer has completed the 2nd issue of the Summit Latin Club newsletter, the Vox Latina (pdf) (online).
- Co-Editor Irene Calderon has completed the 1st issue of the Summit Latin Club newsletter, the Vox Latina (pdf) (online).
- Here is a link to some older issues.
Follow Summit Latin on Instagram: @SCDLatin!
- toga bowling will NOT be this Sat Feb 22 – it will be rescheduled.
- (academic) Sat Feb 29, 8:30-11:30 am, 24th Annual Summit Certamen! Click here to bring refreshments (no need to stay): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/latin4. And we need student volunteers to help with the competition (setting up rooms, taking care of the refreshment tables, keeping score/running the buzzer machines, cleaning up after the event) – sign up in the Latin rooms
- (academic/artistic/social/service) Fri March 13 – Sun March 15: OJCL Convention
- (service) Sat March 21, 9-11 am: Matthew 25 – sign up in the Latin rooms
- (service) Sat April 4, 9-11 am: Matthew 25 – sign up in the Latin rooms
- (academic) TBA: Ursuline Certamen
- (academic) Sat April 25, 9-11ish am: Mt. Notre Dam Certamen – all questions will be AP-related for the Advanced level
- (service) Sat May 9, 9-11 am: Matthew 25 – sign up in the Latin rooms
Information about the 2019 NJCL Convention at North Dakota University (Fargo ND)
- The convention starts on Fri July 26 and ends the morning of Wed July 31. The flight from Cincinnati will leave in the early the morning of Thurs July 26; the flight from Minneapolis will leave in the early morning on Wed July 31. Here are the flights which Larry Dean is taking. Students are not required to be on this flight, but I will chaperone any students who are going on this flight.
- 2019 njcl convention info for summit students
2019 OJCL Convention Overall Points Champions!
- This is the link to upload pix of all your projects!
- 2019 summit commercial – about the nature god Pan, edited by Connie Nelson, earned an Excellent rating at convention
- 2019 Summit Latin Newsletter, the Vox Latina – edited by Maliah Bricking, earned an Excellent rating at convention
- 2019 Summit Digital Scrapbook – created by Ava Norton – click the ‘present’ button in the upper right of the screen to start the slide show
- 2019 Ohio Junior Classical League Convention Article (Dean version)
- 2019 OJCL convention article (Summit version)
- 2019 OJCL Convention – official Summit results
- 2019 OJCL Convention – official results of all schools
Some random things from convention:
- Matthew Warden (Summit Treasurer in charge of spirit) led the delegation to a 1st place prize in spirit Fri night. The theme was the Moana movie, and Matthew was dressed for the part!
- Ryan gets pied in the face! State officer Ryan Burns’ jar received the most money for charity, and his reward was a tasty whip cream pie.
- Carson Hall was one of the participants in the annual ‘OJCL’s Got Talent!’ It is part comedy and part talent. Carson’s talent is picking locks, and he did this to accompaniment of music while a girl tried to jump rope while on a pogo stick. All 3 acts received the ‘cookie of approval’ from the judges.
Summit Latin Awards Booklets: 2018 awards booklet